Woman stunned as ‘the Queen’ appears in burn on thumb – but pals aren’t so sure

A key worker was stunned when she scalded her thumb and the burn appeared in the shape of the Queen.

Sophie Marie was off work for two weeks with coronavirus symptoms before she finally started to feel better and attempted a spot of DIY.

The 26-year-old was trying to fix a chest of drawers when the glue she was using burned her thumb – leaving a bubble-like blister which dried to the look like Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.

After fearing her pals would think she had gone mad in lockdown, she shared photos of her discovery and was surprised to hear ‘a few’ agreed with her bizarre observation.

Sophie, from Swansea, Wales, said: “It wasn’t until I was looking back at the photo that I noticed it looked like a person. It looked like the Queen’s head.

“A few of my friends agreed which I’m glad about because otherwise they’d definitely think I was going mad.

“I’m into art and I studied it in college so I probably do see different shapes in everyday things.”

Sophie opted to use superglue to stick her wooden furniture back together on Saturday but unexpectedly pasted her thumb to the surface by accident.

Pulling her hand away, she felt a painful sting and covered it in a plaster until the next day – when she noticed the regal-looking sore.

Sophie said: “I’ve been off with these [coronavirus] symptoms for about 12 days now and a few days ago I finally had enough energy to disinfect the house.

“I noticed the front of my chest of drawers had come away from the join so I thought I’d glue it back together.

“I was nearly done fixing it, when I went to hold it in place and the glue stuck to my thumb instead.

“It didn’t look like [the queen] straight away. It was just a bubble – the sting was unbelievable.

“I wrapped it up with honey which did take away some pain but not a lot.

“Long story short, I went to sleep that night, woke up the next day and the scab had fallen off. I plastered it up with some cream and thought nothing of it.

“A few hours later I let the air get at it and sent my friend a picture.

“It doesn’t look like the queen anymore unfortunately because it is finally starting to heal over.”